Make a Thai visa appointment To schedule a Thai visa appointment, you can contact the nearest Thai embassy or consulate in your country. Visit their official website for specific instructions on how to book an appointment, which may involve online forms or direct communication with the visa section.
I. What is a visa appointment?
A visa appointment is a scheduled meeting or time slot during which an individual applies for a visa at an embassy or consulate. The purpose of a visa appointment is to facilitate a systematic and organized process for visa applications.
II. Thai visa appointment booking process
1.All documents MUST BE IN ENGLISH only
2. Online visa appointment is compulsory for EACH applicant/EACH passport. After completing an online appointment, each applicant will receive an appointment confirmation, visa application form and checklist form, all of which must be printed and submitted on the appointment date and time along with other required documents according to the checklist. The Embassy shall NOT accept any visa application which is not enclosed with an appointment confirmation and is not submitted on the appointment date and time
3. For applicants who request their visa applications to be processed on an urgent basis, please read an Embassy’s Announcement on Urgent Visas (go to http://www.thaiembassy.org/colombo/en/home >Service > Visa Information > Urgent visas) to check the eligibility. Applicants who meet the criteria for urgent visa processing could send a request AND valid official proof to email email@example.com BEFORE submitting visa applications. The Embassy will only reply to the request, which meets the said criteria, and give the appointment date and time. The Embassy will consider the request on case-by-case basis. Even though, the visa applicant is eligible for the urgent visa processing, the Embassy shall NOT process his/her visa application on an urgent basis if the visa applicant fails to send the urgent request via email BEFORE submitting his/her visa application.
4. Applicants must come in person to the Embassy on the appointment date and time.
5. Detailed visa informationcould be found on the Embassy’s website consular services The Embassy only charges visa fees as indicated above, and has NEVER requested a surcharge.
DO NOT believe those who claim that (s)he could grant a visa, or take part in the visa decision making, or negotiate with the Thai consuls on visas in exchange for additional charge or gift. The decision on visa application shall be made by the authorised Thai consuls only. The Embassy or consuls never allows or authorises any person to make the decision on visas.
6. At the Embassy’s premises, visa applicants are required to wear appropriate clothing. Do not wear shorts, revealing clothes, short skirts, spaghetti strapped blouses, bare midriffs, tubes tanks, see-through dresses, singlet, halters, camisoles, motorcycle helmet or sunglasses; otherwise, you may be denied entry to the Embassy
Visa fee must be paid in cash directly to the Embassy on the appointment day, and cannot be refunded. Visa processing takes 5 working days. For example, if an applicant submits a visa application on Friday, 9 February 2018, his/her passport could be collected on Friday, 16 February 2018. However, if Tuesday, 13 February 2018 is an Embassy’s holiday, his/her passport could be collected on Monday, 19 February 2018.
Visa applicants are encouragedto avoid travelling on the passport collection day because in some cases, theEmbassy may request (an) additional document(s) and/or an interview with theapplicant. Therefore, it is highly recommended that visa applicants spare 2-3days after the passport collection date. The Embassy has the right to reject any visa application without stating any reason.
The Embassy has the right to request (an) additional document(s) and/or an interview with the applicant. Applicants who submit forged or counterfeit documents, or provide untrue information shall be blacklisted and banned from future visa application.
III. Common Inquiry
1. Question: How can I make a Thai visa appointment?
– To schedule a Thai visa appointment, you can contact the nearest Thai embassy or consulate in your country. Visit their official website for specific instructions on how to book an appointment, which may involve online forms or direct communication with the visa section.
2. Question: What documents do I need to prepare for a Thai visa appointment?
– The required documents for a Thai visa appointment may vary depending on the type of visa you are applying for. Typically, you’ll need your passport, visa application form, passport-sized photos, proof of financial means, travel itinerary, and any additional documents specified by the Thai embassy or consulate.
3. Question: How far in advance should I schedule my Thai visa appointment?
– It’s advisable to schedule your Thai visa appointment well in advance, as processing times and appointment availability may vary. It’s recommended to check with the specific embassy or consulate for their processing times and to book your appointment with sufficient time before your planned travel dates.